Feast is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Barrafina — Drury Lane, Covent Garden
- Barrafina is a small chain of tapas restaurants in London.
- I'm often at the Drury Lane outlet in Covent Garden before heading to the theatre.
- It's a small space, generally jammed full with people, but the friendly and efficient team behind the counter effectively manage the queue for seats and keep everyone plied with drinks and snacks.
- The food they're serving is modern, fresh, and delicious.
Boqueria Tapas — Acre Lane, Brixton
- This is one of the top favourites of Brixton locals.
- After you've been here a few times you'll be greeted like members of the family by the friendly and effusive staff.
- Boqueria Tapas delivers great Spanish food – perfect for sharing with friends or a larger group.
Brindisa Tapas — Southwark Street, Borough
- One of the long-standing destination restaurants within Borough Market (just beside London Bridge), Brindisa Tapas gets pretty much everything right.
- I like this place for breakfast, but they also do interesting and intelligent tapas-style food throughout the day and evening – recently I've tried their quail with plums, and their clams in a green sauce; really delicious and a long way from a basic patatas bravas.
- After work it's usually so crowded that you'll struggle to get a table, but you can always prop yourself at their counter to snack on chorizo and contemplate a glass of Amontillado while you wait.
Camino – multiple locations
- This is a chain of restaurants with a number of outlets across London. I used to go to the one at Canary Wharf, but I think that’s closed down now.
- Not bad in an emergency, but there's plenty of better places out there.
Dehesa – Covent Garden
- Dehesa delivers classic Spanish tapas, but done really really well.
Fernandez & Wells – multiple locations
- Now a small chain of cafe/restaurants, the Fernandez & Wells outlets generally follow a fairly appealing fit-out of a long wooden bar/counter, some small intimate tables lit by candlelight, and some perfectly chosen music to create a bit of ambience.
- This instantly creates the kind of atmosphere of the perfect little local bar that you'd expect to see everywhere in Madrid but never quite find.
- My default order is a plate of Salame Toscano and a glass of Amontillado: Heaven. Who needs Madrid?
Ibérica — Farringdon
- Ibérica is slightly tucked away, around the corner from Farringdon Station. It’s a beautiful space, but a number of restaurants have tried their luck in this location without being successful. Ibérica however is a winner.
- It's always busy when I'm here, but the helpful and professional staff are pretty adept at finding a space for you to stand in the bar while they secure a table for you.
- The menu has plenty of options and it's often difficult to know when to stop. Last time I was here, we shared some fresh squid and a chicken dish, both of which were outstanding. Plus there were cocktails, and then some dessert. One of the highlights for me was a gin martini garnished with an anchovy — a total revelation.
Meson Don Felipe — The Cut, Waterloo
- Meson Don Felipe is always busy – a firm favourite with the locals who live in the South Bank precinct.
- It's loud and boisterous – small tables jammed closely together.
- If that's what you're in the mood for, then you'll love this place.
- I generally eat here with a friend and we snack on tapas washed down with fino, shouting at each other happily over the noisy din of this busy and vibrant restaurant.
Tramontana Brindisa – Curtain Road, Shoreditch
- The food here is really good — top-drawer tapas and modern Spanish cooking.