Feast is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Hello my little lovelies!
So this recipe that I bring today is a warm comforting recipe that will warm anyone's heart. It is a creamy chicken pasta without the dairy! First and foremost, I LOVE pasta. I have always loved pasta. In fact, my favorite pasta is shrimp fettuccine alfredo. I just love the creamy cheesiness and happiness that pasta gives me. But it brings one downside: because it is basically nothing but dairy products all around it tends to make you bloated and constipated. If you're like me and you're lactose intolerant, it has a side effect that's not very nice that I'm not going to elaborate on. So I started looking into dairy alternatives that could make a dish creamy AND not cause much bloating to the person eating it. Because of the corn and the carrots, this dish can be a little on the sweet side. If you want to add some heat, feel free to add in some rep pepper flakes or cayenne pepper or hack go ahead and throw in some hot sauce if you want, it's completely up to you. Again all spices are to taste in this recipe there really is no measurement. Enjoy the recipe!
Let's get started!
The things you will need are:
- 4 cups of cooked pasta
- 1 can of corn
- 1.5 lbs of chicken breast, cubed
- 2 carrots, grated
- 6 cloves (yes you read that right) of garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- salt and pepper
- garlic and onion powder (if the flavor you want won't come through)
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
1. Heat up the coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
2. Once the oil is hot throw in your garlic and onions. Let it cook until fragrant.
3. Push the onions and garlic to one side of the pan. Now throw in the chicken. Season with the seasoning above to your heart's desire. Once the chicken starts to get white go ahead and mix it in with your onions and garlic. Put the carrots in the pot with the chicken, garlic, and onions. Mix everything together and let it cook for a minute to give the carrots a chance to cook off. Afterward add in the corn. Mix everything together. Add more seasoning if needed.
4. Add in the two can of coconut milk. Stir everything together then bring it to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, leave it there for a few minutes then lower the heat to low and let it simmer. Here is where preference comes in. If you prefer it a little more soupy then don't simmer it as long. But if you just want it as a pasta sauce let it reduce down until it's quite thick. If you're impatient like me, throw in some coconut flour or arrowroot powder to thicken it up.
5. Divide everything equally into five containers. Since this is a pasta dish we're going to stretch it out a little bit more so the macros can even out a little bit.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe, stay tuned for a new recipe on Monday, bye!
*Also, the reason why I did a pasta dish is because I am REALLY trying to work on my glutes and get a booty because I am seriously lacking one. I do a carb-heavy dish maybe once every two weeks and it's also because I'm trying to work on my legs as well so I can rock short dresses.