Should you go vegan? The answer is yes. There are many reasons people should go vegan ranging from their health to helping animals. Any reason you have to go vegan should be enough to make that change. Don't miss out on the great lifestyle benefits of becoming vegan just because you don't think you'll be able to do it. Becoming vegan is easier now than it's ever been. The percentage of vegans in the world is growing daily. There are so many options now for vegans and many restaurants that serve vegan options. Don't keep yourself away from living an amazing and healthy lifestyle.
The Difference Between Plant-based Eating and a Vegan Lifestyle
Before embarking on your vegan adventure, know the difference between plant-based eating and being vegan. A plant-based lifestyle means cutting out all animal products including all meats (that includes seafood), dairy products, eggs, and honey. People living a vegan lifestyle eat plant-based but they also don't buy products that required materials that were derived from animals.
Reasons for Going Vegan
There are so many reasons to become vegan. One of the reasons people become vegan is for animal rights. All living things have the right to live. Animals have feelings and families and don't deserve to be killed for food and fashion. Another reason people become vegan is for their health. It has been proven that a plant-based diet is the healthiest way to live. People that eat plant-based have only healthy cholesterol. Vegans also have the lowest risk of a heart attack. Being vegan can prevent and cure many diseases. Positive side effects of going vegan are also a great reason to change your habits. There are many many other reasons to go vegan like world hunger, the climate, and environment, and the fact that we aren't even supposed to consume animal products.
5 Things to Remember When Becoming Vegan
- Take it slow: Slowly start cutting out animal products so you don't lose your mind. This will also help you be more successful because you will be less stressed about thinking about you can eat.
- DO NOT tell everyone in the beginning (especially anti-vegans): Telling everyone could make you give up quickly due to either the pressure of others knowing what your doing or other people trying to convince you eating meat is the right thing.
- Never give up: No matter your reason for going vegan never give up on it because living a vegan lifestyle or just eating plant-based is the thing you could ever do for your body and the environment.
- Plan ahead: Don't just go into it without having enough of those key foods for a plant-based diet including fruits and vegetables, mock meats and cheese and legumes.
- Don't beat yourself up: If you make a mistake, do not go crazy over it. When adapting to any new lifestyle or eating habits you are bound to make mistakes. When you make a mistake, just remember to recognize what you messed up on and keep going. The biggest mistake when attempting the vegan lifestyle or plant-based eating is giving up.
How to Keep Motivated
After being vegan for only a couple of days it will still be difficult to keep strong. You need to stay motivated. Always remember why you decided to make this change in your life in the first place. If you became vegan for your health just keep reminding yourself of all the amazing health benefits. If you became vegan for the animals than remind yourself of all the animals you are trying to save because you are their voice.
What to Take Away From This
Never be afraid to try something new with your diet. Even if you're only changing your diet for a couple days a week, just give it a try. Try being vegan for a week or even a month and I am sure you will want to continue. Also please remember that what works for someone doesn't work for everyone and always consult your doctor before making changes to your diet.