Feast is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Hello my little lovelies! Starting this year, I'm going to adopt a mostly vegan diet (please note I said mostly) in order to get back in shape and finally give my body the nutrition its been asking for a long time now. Everybody knows that I was anti-vegan for a long time, but I've been neglecting my body for too long and I need to start taking care of it. This vegan recipe is perfect for vegans and meat eaters alike, because, first off, it is delicious and, second, there are a lot of spices and flavors in this recipe that you won't even know that there's no meat in it. All you're going to know is that it tastes good so that is all you are going to care about. I mean lets face it, tofu absorbs any flavor that you put to it so if you put beef broth to it, you're going to taste beef instead of tofu.
Also, this has everything you need in a meal: carbs (corn and rice), protein (black beans and tofu), vegetable (butternut squash), and fats (coconut oil). So you have everything you need in terms of nutrition. This dish is adaptable, so if there's something you need less of then go ahead and adapt the recipe. We all have different macros and/or nutritional needs so this dish can be adapted for that.
Also you can make this dish spicy, if you want like things spicy. My husband likes things spicy, but if I am making this just for me then I leave it out. For some reason, I cannot handle spice that well so I just leave it out.
So I wanted to post one of my favorite recipes for tofu. I hope you guys enjoy!
The things you will need are:
- 1 pack of firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. of curry powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. pink salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- coconut oil
- cooked rice of your choice
- cooked butternut squash (seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder)
- cayenne pepper or red chili flakes (if you want it spicy)
1. Take a frying pan and put in enough coconut oil to coat the bottom of the pan on medium heat.
2. While the pan is heating up, cut the tofu however you'd like; cubes would be better.
3. After the pan is hot, throw in the tofu, flip about every two minutes so that the cubes are golden brown. Put in all the spices listed above, as well as the corn and black beans (make sure black beans are drained). Give everything a good stir until everything is covered in the spices.
4. Add in the coconut milk. Give everything a good stir to make sure everything is incorporated into the sauce. Bring it to a boil then bring it down to a simmer, stirring frequently or else it will scorch. The sauce will thicken as it goes.
5. If you want a little bit of spice, add some cayenne pepper or red chili flakes. How much to add will be up to you.
6. To serve it, put some butternut squash into the bottom of the bowl (if you serve it on a plate just make sure the squash is the bottom layer). Add 1/2 cup of rice (1 cup if you are bulking) then top it with as much of the mixture as you would like.