Feast is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Meal Plan for a day!
Enjoy a healthy meal day with these amazing mouth watering recipes. Her are easy recipes, suitable for working people.
Go Healthy for a Day
Main ingredients for the day:
- Rolled oats
- Sunflower seeds
- Sunflower seed butter
- Salmon fillets
- Sweet Potatoes
No-Bake Sunflower-Oat Bar
- 4 cups—rolled oats (go gluten free if allergic)
- 1 1/2 cups—sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup—agave nectar (or any sweetener of preference)
- 1 cup—Raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup—banana chips or dried bananas, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon—kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons—ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup—dried fruits (like raisins, blueberries, cranberries)
- Prepare an 8*8 inch pan lining it with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in agave nectar and sunflower seed butter.
- Press the mix into the pan spreading evenly.
- Refrigerate once done.
- Cut into cubes when firm and enjoy your snack with a cup of drink of choice.
(Calories: 294 Kcal per serving.)
Sesame Salmon and Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 ½ tbsp—Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp—Soy sauce (low salt if preferred)
- Ginger—Thumb sized (grated)
- 1—Clove of Garlic (crushed)
- 2—Sweet potatoes. (Cut into wedges)
- 1 tsp—Honey (optional – customize according to health needs.)
- 2—Salmon fillets (skinless and boneless)
- 250g—Broccoli (Cut into big chunks)
- 1—Lime. (cut into wedges)
- 1—Red chili. (Sliced thin)
- 1 tbsp—Sesame seeds.
- Heat oven to 200 C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix together half a tablespoon of Sesame oil, ginger, garlic, the soy, and honey, and use this as a marinade.
- Place the Salmon and the broccoli on the baking tray, mixing it with the marinade.
- Season it as per taste, and roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the roasted salmon and broccoli, and keep aside.
- While the Salmon is being roasted, put the sweet potato and lime wedges, into a glass bowl.
- Cover this with cling film, and microwave on high for 12-14 minutes.
- Let it become soft and mushy.
- Remove the lime wedges, and mash the sweet potatoes. Season it with chilly, and add into it the remaining sesame oil.
- Serve alongside with the salmon and broccoli.
- Classy recipe… you will not stop with it once. Bon appétit!
Calories: 463Kcal per serving.
Avocado and egg salad:
Swap your regular Mayo with this creamy, yet heart healthy salad… I know not only your heart, but even your taste buds will thank you.
- Dill—a handful
- Parsley—a handful
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt for taste
- Olive oil (as needed)
- Hard boil the eggs and shell them. Cut them into small pieces.
- Mash the avocados until smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Mix in the egg, the leaves, and the lemon juice, and drizzle olive oil. Season it with salt.
- Serve it with crunchy, oniony bagel for a great filling dinner.
This salad can be refrigerated and served cold too. Great for a tired evening right after work for a simple, yet delicious and heart healthy dinner.
Calories: 273 Kcal per serving.