There is one FRIENDS cast that was a Professional Chef (Monica) the rest of the cast are food lovers, especially Joey. Here are some of the dish that were in the episode for each cast.
Ross: Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich
The Thanksgiving sandwich that his sister Monica made is so special to Ross. It contains a special layer that keeps the sandwich moist. Ross calls it the moist maker that is soaked in gravy.
- 3 slices of White Bread
- ½ cup Leftover Gravy
- Leftover Stuffing
- Leftover Turkey
- Unopened Can of Cranberry Sauce
- Open the disused can of cranberry sauce and spread it on two slices of bread.
- If the gravy is cold heat it up for 1 minute, than grab a slice of bread and let it soak in it.
- While the bread is soaking up the gravy, grab the leftover turkey and stuffing and heat it up to at least 30 seconds. (If still cold add another 30 sec.)
- Grab one slice of bread with the cranberry sauce and put the turkey on top, than layer your moist maker which is your soaked gravy bread, top it off with the stuffing and than put your last piece of bread with the cranberry sauce on top.
Donald was right about it being such a large sandwich but of course I would never have dreamed about throwing it away. Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving Sandwich!
Phoebe: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Phoebe’s great-aunt, called “Neslee Toulose” had a special recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Monica asked Phoebe for the recipe as a wedding gift, so she can make some for her future children but Phoebe lost the recipe in the fire. So Monica helps her recreate her great-aunts recipe. After making 20 batches with different ingredients, the girls find out that the recipes was on the back of the chocolate chip bag all along.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Hope you enjoy Phoebe’s great aunts Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Monica: Mac & Cheese
Some can say that Monica and Chandler’s love story began when she made Chandler Mac & Cheese for Thanksgiving because he couldn’t handle regular Thanksgiving food. Some would say it began in London. Monica’s Mac & Cheese would have been delicious to try.
- 8 oz macaroni
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cups
- ¼ cups butter
- 2 ½ tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ bread crumbs
- 1 pinch paprika
- Preheat an oven to 350 F.
- Cook and drain the macaroni.
- Melt the butter and combine it with flour.
- Stir in the milk and the cheeses and turn down the flame to low.
- Stir constantly, until the sauce thickens.
- Put the macaroni in a deep dish and pour the sauce over the macaroni.
- Brown the breadcrumbs in a little butter over low heat and top the mac & cheese with them.
- Sprinkle the paprika.
- Bake the mac & cheese for 30 minutes and serve.
Enjoy Monica’s Mac & Cheese!
On Thanksgiving, Monica gives Rachel the responsibility of making the dessert. Rachel mixes up the pages of the recipe book because the pages were sticking together and ends up with a layer of beef sautéed with peas and onions. Everybody had to pretend to enjoy her Trifle.
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 cups raspberries
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ pounds favorite pound cake
- In a small saucepan, bring ½ cup sugar, ¼ cup water, and lemon juice to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar, 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine jam with 3 cups raspberries, mashing slightly. In a large bowl, whip cream and 2 tablespoons sugar to stiff peaks.
- Slice pound cake ¾ inch thick; brush both sides of slices with lemon syrup.
- Fit ⅓ of slices snugly in the bottom of a 4-quart trifle dish or other glass bowl, trimming edges if necessary. Spread top of layer with ⅓ of raspberry mixture, and then ⅓ of whipped cream. Repeat to make two more layers; garnish with remaining cup raspberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 24 hours.
Enjoy Rachel’s Trifle!
Joey: Meatball Sub
Who else remember the one episode when the boys go on a ride along with Phoebe’s boyfriend Gary the cop? They had to make a quick stop at Joey’s sandwich shop to get his favorite meatball sandwich, then when they were in the car and they heard a car backfire and they assume it was gunshot. Joey dives over to Ross to protect him but he really dives over to protect his sandwich from the gunshot, that’s just how good that sandwich is.
- For the meatball:
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ¾ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 demi baguettes, toasted, for serving
- 4 oz mozzarella, sliced
- For the marinara:
- 1 (28 oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Pinch of sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, shallot, garlic, parsley, bread crumbs, Parmesan and egg. Using a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined. Roll mixture into 1 1/4 to 1 1/2-inch meatballs, forming about 18-20 meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add meatballs, in batches, and cook until all sides are browned, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tomato sauce, basil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and sugar, if using.
- Reduce heat to low and add tomato sauce and meatballs to the skillet, simmering until the sauce has thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- To assemble the sandwich, place 3-4 meatballs and a spoonful of marinara into each baguette. Top with sliced mozzarella and place into oven and bake until the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Don't inhale all the smell because that's where all the taste comes from and hold your sub right so none of the meatballs roll out. Enjoy the meatball sub!
Do you remember the story? Chandler finds a cheesecake on the doorstep, and doesn’t notice that its addressed to Mrs. Braverman downstairs. Then Rachel joins him. They develop a cheesecake addiction but eventually going so far as to eating it off the floor.
- For the crust:
- - 85 grams butter, melted
- - 140 grams biscuits, crumbed
- - 1 tbsp sugar
- For the cake:
- - 900 grams Philadelphia cheese
- - 250 grams castor sugar
- - 3 tbsp plain flour
- - 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- - 1 lemon finely grated
- - 3 Large Eggs
- - 1 egg yolk
- - 285 ml sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 465 F.
- Melt the butter and stir in the biscuit crumbs and sugar.
- Line a 23 in' cake pan with greaseproof paper.
- Press the crumbs mixture into this pan to form an even base.
- Gently whisk the cheese until it softens ad becomes creamy.
- Stir in the sugar and flour, whisking constantly.
- Add in the vanilla, lemon zest, juice, and the eggs and yolk separately.
- Then, stir in the soured cream.
- Using a basting brush, coat the sides of the cake tin with melted butter and pour in the filling.
- Bake for ten minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 230 F.
- Bake for 25 more minutes.
- After this time, switch the oven off but allow the cheesecake to remain in the oven to cool for 2 hours.
- Take the cake out of the oven and run a knife around the sides to loosen it from the tin.
- Turn over a serving plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Well I hope you all enjoy these wonderful and delicious recipes from FRIENDS!