Feast is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
If you ask me one of the most underrated desserts out there is the cookie. Cookies are delicious and can come in many different shapes, sizes, and flavors. There are so many different kinds of cookies out there; chocolaty, fruity, healthy, sweet, savory and so on. Heck, I've seen some pretty delicious looking hybrid cookies out there that we may have to try and make sometime soon. S'more cookies anyone?
Let's focus on perhaps one of the most simple yet most delicious cookies out there: the chocolate chip cookie.
Now as long as I can remember the chocolate chip cookie has been a part of my life. From days spent with my grandparents or simple store bought ones served during group get-togethers as a child they have always been there. Whether store-bought or homemade the chocolate chip cookie has always been there.
It's no wonder the chocolate chip cookie has a reputation for being a delicious and wonderful comfort food. Honestly, there is nothing more comforting than a delicious chocolate chip cookie that can bring back the most delightful memories of my childhood.
I've heard of some healthier versions of the chocolate chip cookies as well, being made with bananas or oats or perhaps even different types of sweeteners rather than sugar. In fact, this recipe calls for two different types of sugar so it's easy to see why some people might want to cut down the sugar intake to make these a bit healthier. We are going to focus on a classic chocolate chip cookie recipes rather than a twist on the recipe to make it healthier. Sometimes the classic version of a recipe can be the best version. Perhaps another time we will look into some twists on the chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate chip cookies are very easy to make, perhaps one to most easy cookies to make. Everyone has their own favorite ways to make them. Some people prefer to chill the cookie dough before use, some prefer to separate the wet and dry ingredients before mixing them together. It all depends on your preference.
Below is the method I prefer to make the chocolate chip cookies. I find this way to be very reliable, they always turn out great. My family also prefers this recipe. We're big cookie eaters in my family. In fact, a certain someone can eat the whole tray at once. All this talk about cookies is making me hungry so without further ado the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of butter/margarine
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place the flour in a mixing bowl
3. Add the baking soda to the mixing bowl
4. Add the salt to the mixing bowl
5. Mix together
6. Add brown sugar to the mixing bowl
7. Add white sugar to the mixing bowl
8. Add the butter/margarine to the mixing bowl
9. Add the egg to the mixing bowl
10. Add the vanilla extract to the mixing bowl
11. Beat ingredients together using an electric mixer
12. Slowly add the flour to the mixing bowl
13. Add chocolate chips to the mixing bowl
14. Mix ingredients together
15. Drop the dough onto baking sheet
16. Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes (depending on how chewy/crispy you would like the cookies)
17. Remove from oven
18. Let cool down before serving