Feast is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Hello, my little lovelies!
So one of my favorite kitchen appliances is my slow cooker and my crock pot. It has been a god send when I know I don't want to cook the next day or if I want to do an easy and fast meal prep on meal prep day. Since I started meal prepping I have used my crock pot multiple times, and the recipe I'm presenting is actually my husband's recipe that he made before he enlisted in the Navy. So I'm going to provide you with an easy recipe that you can just throw into the crock pot and have dinner ready shortly after you get home. This recipe is simple and anyone can do it.
So let's get started!
So this recipe was actually made by my husband. At the time my spice tolerance was shot but he still wanted to make something he knew I liked too. I honestly thought I wasn't going to like this but I was so surprised when I realized I absolutely loved it! I haven't quite made this into a meal prep yet but I want to do that soon. Now this one does require a little bit of work like maybe 30 minute or so before the slow cooker timer goes off but it’s still pretty easy.
The things you will need:
- 1 cup of buffalo sauce (you can use pre-made buffalo sauce or make your own buffalo sauce)
- 1/2 cup of ranch dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 package of room temperature cream cheese
- however much uncooked pasta you want
- 2 cups of water
1. Mix the buffalo sauce and ranch together in a bowl.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. If you want to you can cut up the chicken but you can put it in there whole. You’re going to shred it before you put the pasta in, but do what you think is easiest and the most convenient for you.
3. Put the chicken and the buffalo sauce in the slow cooker. If you need to make more of the buffalo/ranch sauce go right on ahead.
4. Put in the slow cooker on low for about 8 hours so adjust time as needed.
5. Now one hour before the slow cooker goes off, take the package of cream cheese and put it in the bowl. Take some of the buffalo sauce and add it to the cream cheese. You need to temper the cream cheese before you put it in the buffalo chicken or it's going to be a huge mess. Once the cream cheese is tempered, add it into the buffalo sauce.
6. Now before you add in the pasta go ahead and shred the chicken so that it will be easier to serve and it will be easier to incorporate the pasta into.
7. Now add however much pasta you want and add some water to the slow cooker. Don't worry about it becoming watery, the pasta will thicken as it cooks. Stir everything together and then let it cook for the next hour. If you want, add some blue cheese, but I don't like blue cheese so he didn't put it in.
8. Just serve when done and there is dinner!
Now if you want to just make it a meatless buffalo pasta you can take the chicken out. If you want something more on the vegan side, just switch it out with vegan cream cheese and if you can find vegan ranch to go with it.