Feast is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
I love Chocolate... period! But my dentist doesn't seem to agree with my likes and dislikes. Being the desert lover I am, I had to find a way to my one true love; and so I did.
This quick and delicious recipe is perfect for you desert lovers who are vegetarian or cannot have sugar for whatever reason... and it's freakishly healthy! You're bound to love it, especially during winter. This little sucker makes a great desert while keeping your calorie count and dietary restrictions in mind.
Lets not feel guilty for being a sweet tooth! Let's have cake recipes without those eggs! It's about time, isn't it?
You can easily switch things up according to your preferences and make it vegan, vegetarian or gluten free; do it as you like.
Here is the recipe. You're welcome!
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes
All you will need:
- Whole wheat flour - 3 tablespoons
- Milk (Vegan alternative: Coconut milk) - 2 tablespoon
- Coconut oil - 1 tablespoon
- Dark chocolate chips (I've linked some zero-sugar versions below) - As much as you'd like :)
- Honey - 2 tablespoon
- Cocoa Powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt - 1 pinch full
- Baking Powder - 1 pinch full
- Roasted hazelnuts (Optional)
Here's how you make it:
- Start with mixing your dry ingredients (flour + baking powder + salt + cocoa powder) in a mug. Try to use a mug with a wider mouth instead of tall mugs; short and wide mugs will help your batter cook well.
- Follow this up with the milk, honey and coconut oil. Mix it well for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Once you have it all mixed, you can go in with your chocolate chips and mix it all in. Chocolate chips within your cake will give you a really nice, warm, creamy feel when you take a bite of the rich awesomeness that you're about to make.
- Make sure to leave some chocolate chips to top the batter off with!
- Cook this in the microwave for 3 minutes and then take it out to enjoy.
Be sure to eat it when it's comfortably warm; I've noticed that mug cakes tend to get less and less soft as they cool down. But don't burn yourself!
You can substitute the coconut milk with cow or goat milk if you're not vegan to make it even more creamy. I love the taste of coconut milk, which is why I use it.
Also, if you don't like the taste of honey, you can switch it out for some maple syrup or brown sugar, and it'll taste just as good... I promise!
If you end up re-creating this recipe, shoot me an email with the photos. I'd love to see your suggestions or pictures of re-creations at: [email protected]